Sunday, March 18, 2007

dies anos con Mafalda



I'm not sure if I'm going to have a lot to say about this. It seems like an average comic book (except for Archie comics, which I like entirely)...There are some parts that I like and some parts that I dislike.

-Some of the comics stand out to me and really make me laugh: these ones didn't appear very often, and in some of the 'chapters', I couldn't really find any. Also, I found that these ones didn’t have a lot of text. I don’t like reading a lot when ‘reading comics.’ For the most part in short strips like this one, I skim them as quickly as possible and look for the joke first (and then study it carefully after), and look at the pictures. I tend to skip the ones that have a lot of text.

- Some of them seemed interesting at first (I think these ones mainly all started by having no text for the first few boxes, so I thought that I would like them), but then I didn’t understand the last box where the text supposedly explained the joke. I just didn’t get them. Maybe this has a bit to do with the language and the culture of Argentina, and it contains content that foreigners wouldn’t completely understand.

-As I said above, I don’t like reading the boxes with lots of text. It’s visually distracting. But also, some of the strips that had no text made no sense, like the one at the bottom of page 181.

-Oo..I like how there are different ‘chapters’ to mark different themes. I think that this is creative.



I don't really know if I would call it bad, just because I’m not particularly interested in every (or most of the strips). I generally don’t read comics other than what I see in the newspaper and Archie comics (which I really like)….but I really don’t like comics like Spiderman and Superman…I like comics that have jokes. It feels weird writing about a comic book for a class. I think it’s cool and a good experience to read comics in a different language, but as this specific book was pretty expensive, I most likely would never buy another one.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I can't lie. I like Archie comics too.