Monday, March 26, 2007

Corazon Salvaje



I only saw the showing of this soap opera that was on friday, because I couldn't make it on Sunday. I walked in a few minutes late, just as the dad was dying, and the first thing that I thought as I was sitting down was, "If this was on TV, I would turn it off."....but then, I realized that if I could ignore the cheesy music and everything else that was cheesy, then I would actually watch it for the spanish, because I could understand their spanish really well. I think it would be a good way to improve my spanish, and the love story between (is it Jaime?) and the Juan de Diablo guy was interesting enough to tolerate for awhile.... I don't think I would ever try to follow it. Soap operas in general bother me. They're too desperate. Besides, I 'm not home often enough to follow everyday. It 's bad enough that my favorite show is once a week and I have to plan to be home to watch it. Anyways, even if I did have a lot of time, I can't see myself going out of my way to watch it, or even watch it at all for anything other than the reason that I mentioned above.

The other thing that I want to point out is the music......I don't understand why all cheesy music like that, in all shows that I've seen with sappy moments has the same instrumentation. Why do they always have the synthesizer and oboe? Why is oboe the only real instrument used? Sometimes they have strings, but in the except that we saw on friday, I only heard synth strings and oboe. It's true that oboe has a cheesy sound to it, but that's only when it's used for stuff like this. In orchestral music, it adds a nice and unique colour. ........ok, that was the music comment from the music major.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Elena, a technical point: to remind you to tag this post "span490."